Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkins





Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and one of the things that I especially look forward to is getting together with family and carving pumpkins. I really like odd looking pumpkins and this year, my pumpkin had wart-like growths (which sounds weird but looked cool) and it was my downfall. The skin of my pumpkin was like cement!! It was so hard for me to carve it that Chris had to help me finish my pumpkin (since he had a normal pumpkin, he was finished with his pretty quickly). In fact, everyone had finished with their pumpkins before I was remotely finished. Nevertheless, it did get finished and both mine and Chris' pumpkins look amazing (as does my family's pumpkins). Chris ended up with a mickey head design on his pumpkin and I ended up with an ambigram that says fire (like in the book/movie of Angels and Demons). Maybe next year i'll find a cool looking pumpkin that is easy to carve!

4 comments:

The Queen Vee said...

I was hoping for picture of the finished pumkin carving results with candles glowing.

I'm sure you haven't guessed it but Halloween is one of my favorite holidays too. :-)

The Queen Vee said...

It's late that would be a picture of the finished pumpkin carving results...

I'm going going to bed.

Amy said...

That is too funny--I got the same type of pumpkin. The warts were SO COOL!! But I had the exact same problem! Danny finally took a drill to it to help me get the top off and it took me an hour and a half to carve it.

Millertime said...

I finally had to have Chris finish it for me. My arms were killing me!