Sunday, July 27, 2008

July's Book Club Book: Ever

I've always been a fan of Gail Carson Levine's books such as Ella Enchanted and Fairest, and I definitely wasn't disappointed in Ever. Although Gail Carson Levine usually writes about princesses and fairy tales, she took a different avenue and wrote about a young woman in a greek-like period who falls in love with a God (the God of wind), and finds out that she has only a month to live. I really liked this book and how the author tried something different than her normal subjects and I think that she succeeded. If you enjoy princess or fantasy books, than I would definetly reccomend this to you. I loved it! If you read this book, please let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I finally finished this book (I know I am a little behind in the book club). I liked it, although I didn't like it as much as her other books (aka Ella Enchanted), but it was still good. It was also nice that it was a quick read and perfect to read in a car.