Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Emily and Glendon come for a visit...

My good friend Emily Pfiefer and her boyfriend Glendon came to visit Chris and I yesterday from Livermore, CA. Since it was Glendon's first time in Utah, we tried to show him some of the sites. We started off the day going to The Living Planet Aquarium (where I work) and than afterwards going up the canyons for a drive. When Chris got off work, we drove down to Salt Lake and took them to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen in the Gateway Mall. Glendon requested to see the planetarium which is where we went after we ate. I must admit, I was really disappointed in Clark's Planetarium. I thought that it was supposed to be a really cool space museum, but it just had a couple of exhibits. Most of the Planetarium is for the IMAX movies that they show. Also when we were in the gift shop, one of the employees kept following Emily and Glendon around which I think made them a little nervous. When we were done at the Planetarium, we finished walking around the Gateway Mall, and than headed up to Rice Eccles Stadium so that they could see the Olympic Torch. The cool thing is that there is a small visitor center right by the torch where they have some pictures from the Olympics and show a short movie. It was a nice little visitor center and I enjoyed remembering everything from the Olympics. We than drove up to Park City and went to the Olympic Park where we walked through a small museum where you could sit in some bobsleds and look at more pictures of the Olympics. There was also an option to go down a huge zip-line, but Glendon and I were too chicken to try. We walked outside and were able to watch some kids do some summer skiing into a swimming pool. It was really cool to see them doing flips and lot's of crazy tricks. When we got tired of watching them, we piled back into the car and drove down to historic downtown Park City and walked around. When we were finished, we started getting hungry, so we started our way back home. My mom made a wonderful dinner and after, we had to take Glendon to a site he had never before witnessed...Super Target! I'm not sure how impressed he was with super target, but now he can say that he's been there! We came home and I made popcorn so that we could watch a movie (since there's no way that you can watch a movie without popcorn...at least I can't). This morning, Emily and Glendon left to continue their journey to visit a friend in Colorado. I had lot's of fun and hope that they can come visit again!

1 comment:

Nikol said...

Aw, sounds like tons of fun!