Sunday, July 20, 2008

I found Vanessa...

Everyone's name has a meaning. A name could mean brick builder, or princess, or many other things. Well, one of my names (Vanessa) means butterfly. This morning I found that my name means butterfly not because it sounds nice, but because there are actually butterfly's that are named Vanessa such as Vanessa atalanta, Vanessa cardui, Vanessa gonerilla, Vanessa myrinna, and many more. It was really cool to be able to find out more about my name and how beautiful it is (and how beautiful the butterflies are also).

1 comment:

The Queen Vee said...

Butterfly, I think that is what I'm going to call you from now on. What a lovely meaning for Vanessa. Mine is not so pretty but I think it probably describes me a little. Mine means conquerer/victory. I like Matthew's and Christopher's name meanings, M- Gift of God and C-Bearer of Christ. Gives us each something to live up to.