Sunday, September 26, 2010

First Soccer Game



Last night Chris and I got to experience something new. We were invited to go with my cousin and brother to a Salt Lake Real soccer game. It was a new experience for us because we are not big sports fans, so we don't often go out to games, but we thought that it would make a fun change and it did. It was a lot of fun, especially to watch the other fans and how into the game they get. We were sitting near a group of die hard fans who for the entire game were dancing, beating drums, shouting, and throwing shredded paper into the air. It was funny to watch and i'm fairly certain that they were very drunk. It got pretty tense at the end because Real was down 1 point (well, they didn't have any at all) and it would have been horrible to lose on home turf. But, in the last 3 minutes of the game, they were able to score which means that the game ended up being a tie. I don't really understand how a professional sport game can end with a tie, but I guess it's better than losing. Overall, Chris and I enjoyed our first soccer game and would be open to going again. Thanks Amanda for inviting us to come!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think that's why I like going to the games--just a change of scenery. But I especially LOVE the Real games because their die-hard fan section makes me feel like I'm back in Brazil.