Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cheaper by the Dozen?

In one month, Chris and I will be standing at this spot once again. This time however, we will not be alone! Earlier this spring, Chris and I (mostly I) decided that another trip to Disneyland was a definite must for this year. We decided that it would be fun to invite some of our family to go. At first, we just invited my parents, then it was extended to my Aunt and two cousins, then we asked Chris' parents if they would like to join us. One of my cousins dropped out of the trip because she was going on another major adventure which happened to be at the same time. I also let Chris' sister who lives in LA know that we were coming to her neck of the woods and we would love it if she and her husband would like to join our merry band. So, for most of the year the grand total of for sure attending people was 8. This past week, that number changed drastically! Towards the end of last week, Chris' parents let us know that they were for sure coming because they had gotten their plane tickets. We were so excited! Our party of 8 was now 10! I thought that this would be the grand total for our trip. 10 was a good number, right? Well, I was wrong. Over the weekend, another Aunt humbly asked if she could join us to which we said "no problem." Our total was now 11. This time I felt sure that our party was now full. I was wrong again. Yesterday, we got another email from Chris' parents letting us know that another one of his sisters will be joining our not so little party. We are thrilled! For several members of our party this is going to be their first time at the original Disney park (although they have been to Disney World) and I am so excited for them. I can't believe that from our casual talks earlier this year that our party to Disneyland will have 12 people!! This is going to be one epic vacation! I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Woo-hoo! Sounds like fun. We always went as kids with our cousins. It's taken me 5 years of marriage to convince my husband to go in a couple of years! Let us know your insider tips!