Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Kris Kringle Day!

Happy Kris Kringle Day! For those of you who might not know about Kris Kringle Day (I totally did not make it up) it is a German (I think) holiday that is every December 5-6. On the night of the 5th, each family member puts a pair of shoes out in the hall before bed and when they are asleep, Kris Kringle brings them small gifts if they are good, and coal if they are bad. So, on the morning of the 6th, you get to "open" your shoe and receive a gift. At least, this is how my family have always celebrated it. This year, I received an enlarged family picture of Chris, Gir and I and a pirate nutcracker. Chris got a goofy Jim Shore statue, some Mountain Dew, some microfiber towels for his car, and some cacti. He really got a good load; he must have been really good this year! Well, even if you don't celebrate Kris Kringle Day I hope that everyone had a wonderful and relaxing December 5-6th.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Something I just learned about Kris Kringle day is that because of it, you have some time before Christmas to fix your behavior if you've been bad. Looks like you and Chris don't need any fixing. That's a fun tradition. I didn't know you guys did that!

Millertime said...

Yeah, I love it! We've been doing it since I can remember! I highly recommend it!