Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Christmas Spirit

I love this time of year! I love decorating the house for Christmas with my family, the smell of our Christmas tree (a real one!), the presents that are already wrapped and under the tree (and are all from me so far), and the general happiness that comes from this time of year! We started decorating for Christmas a little late this year because we were in California for Thanksgiving. However, when we finally did get it done, it was so much fun! On Sunday, we got all of our Christmas tree's out of storage and decorated them. We then proceeded to decorate the whole house. On Monday, Chris and I decided that we should get our tree and so after work, we went to a tree lot (for only the third time that I can remember) and picked out a cute little tree that fit in the nook by our bedroom door. Gir couldn't quite figure out what it was, but he must have enjoyed it's smell, because he just kept sniffing it! I was really excited because this was the first year that we could use our brand new Christmas tree topper that we got in Michigan last March. It was a good thing that we got a small tree though, because we don't have many ornaments yet to fill a regular sized tree! When we were done, we just sat back and admired our tree (especially the wonderful smell!). I hope that we can make it a tradition every year to get a real tree! Next year, Chris wants to get a permit and cut down our own tree which I think would be an excellent adventure! I guess we'll just have to see what next year holds!

1 comment:

The Queen Vee said...

I have a 5 foot 4 inch friend living there in Utah who cut down a tree. She does it every year. Char was really thinking big this year as the tree is 17 feet tall. They live in a loft in Provo but I think she's going to cut a few feet off.

I love your Christmas spirit and enthusiam Vanessa and I'm happy you had such a fun time decking the halls.