Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas in Arizona

This year for Christmas, Chris and I drove down to Arizona to spend the holiday with his family in Apache Junction, AZ. It was so nice to drive down south and enjoy a warm(ish) Christmas. We drove down on Tuesday December 23rd and spent the 24th and 25th with the family before driving back home on the 26th. On Christmas Eve we took a scenic drive up the mountains to a cool restaurant in a place called Tortilla Flats. The cool thing about the restaurant was that their walls were decorated with dollar bills! They even had European money hanging on the wall! The food was also excellent and we had a blast! We then drove back to Grandma and Grandpa Miller's house where we talked and played the Wii for the rest of the afternoon. After dinner, we acted out the Nativity which was a first time for me and it was so much fun!! Chris and I were Mary and Joseph (with a cute teddy bear as Jesus) and Lisa and Cindy played everyone else. Christmas morning dawned and I called my family and wished them a Merry Christmas before we all headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house to open our presents. While on the way, Chris and I ambushed Lisa and Cindy and sprayed them with silly string!! When we got to Grandma and Grandpa's, the present opening commenced! When we were finished opening gifts, we talked while Grandma made dinner and we ate around 1:30. After we were finished, we went and saw Bedtime Stories as our Christmas movie. It was so good! I really enjoyed it!! When we came home, Chris and I talked and played the Wii for the rest of the night while the family watched Ice Age 2 and went swimming. All around, it was an awesome Christmas and we enjoyed it immensely. On Friday, we quickly went to a flea market before our long 12 1/2 hour long drive home!


4 comments:

Nikol said...

Sounds like fun! Gotta love a (semi)warm Christmas sometimes. The icecream man was circling our block yesterday :)

Millertime said...

I had really missed a semi-warm Christmas! That's awesome that the ice cream man was going around the block! I can totally see it!

William Prusso said...

It looks like a nice Christmas, but you were missed up here in the cold and snow....

The Queen Vee said...

I'm happy that you had a safe trip to AZ and a great Christmas with Chris's family. I know your parents missed you but I bet you didn't miss shoveling all that snow from their driveway. Happy New Year!