Monday, June 23, 2008

To Grandpa Vic...


"O, who will walk a mile with me along life's merry way?
A comarade blithe and full of glee, who dares to laugh out loud and free, and let his frolic fancy play, like happy child, through the flowers gay, that fill the field and fringe the way, where he walks a mile with me.
And who will walk a mile with me along life's weary way? A friend whose heart has eyes to see the stars shine out o'er the darkening lea, and the quiet rest at the end o' the day, a friend who knows, and dares to say, the brave, sweet words that cheer the way, when he walks a mile with me.
With such a comrade, such a friend, I fain would walk till journey's end, through summer sunshine, winter rain, and then?-Farewell, we shall meet again..."
-James Whitcomb Riley

3 comments:

William Prusso said...

Nice Comment. Thanks Vanessa.

Anonymous said...

Love that picture. So cute.

The Queen Vee said...

Vanessa,

What a lovely bride you were and what a fun wedding you had. I am so glad I ran down and picked up Grandpa in his Hawaiian shirt and brought him to your reception as he loved it and you got this great picture with him. A win win situation for all of you. Your tribute was touching....thanks