Sunday, March 11, 2012

Highchair Adventures

So, Chris and I have been putting off buying a highchair for some unknown reason but I decided this past weekend that it was time. Alex was getting really squirmy in her bumbo chair when I tried to feed her and I was getting worried that she was getting too big for it so, Chris and I headed to IKEA where we picked up a cute black wooden highchair. Knowing IKEA, we would have to put our new highchair together. Chris went on some errands (testing cars with my brother and Dad and getting a haircut) and I was determined to put it together by myself. Alex was on a nap which was good since she probably would have laughed at me. It took me about an hour and a half. Silly me, I thought that it couldn't be too hard to put a little chair together..HA HAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH (that is me laughing..a lot). It was so frustrating! The instructions made it look so easy but when I got one side perfectly aligned, the other side would completely mess it up. It didn't help that I also got some of the screws mixed up and put them in the wrong place. I was determined though to finish it all by myself by the time that Chris got home and eventually, I did it! I got everything put together and screwed down tight. Alex even seems to like it! All of the frustration and annoyance was worth it because it makes Alex happy. I learned my lesson though, IKEA furniture should be put together by at least two people...no matter what size!
The Beginning

Side 1 Perfectly Aligned

Finished product with a happy baby!

2 comments:

William Prusso said...

Good Job Vanessa.... a new high-chair and what looks to be a happy camper!

Lorie the Zombie Runner said...

Awe, what a happy girl in an awsome highchair! When I was pregnant assembling E's dresser I had it half assembled when I realized I had put the top on the bottom and the bottom on the top. I was so upset I had to do it all over and I was all awkward... That Ikea stuff ain't easy!!!.