Thursday, September 22, 2011

Please Pray for Gir

Gir and Alex
Our poor Gir doggie has had a really rough week. While Chris and I were gone at my Grandfather's funeral, Gir got a urinary infection and kidney stones. He had to go to the vet because he was in so much pain and Chris and I were heartbroken that we were not home when he needed us. Fortunetly, my brother Brett took the time out of his day to take Gir and bring him back home while we were gone. My cousin Amanda also picked him up from the Vet once and stayed with him for most of the night. We greatly appreciate the sacrifices that Brett and Amanda made on our behalf for Gir. After the Memorial for my Grandfather, Chris and I try to come home as fast as we could. Chris drove all night without rest so that we could arrive just in time to take him to the vet this morning for surgery. Gir's surgery went really well and the Vet removed around 7 kidney stones. One was so large that it was almost completely blocking his urinary track. The Vet said that it was a good thing that he was taken to the hospital because when he was admitted, his bladder was close to bursting. I felt absolutely aweful that we weren't here for most of his suffering, but I am happy that he is home with us now and he should make a full recovery. It will just take him some time before he is going to be his old self again. Chris and I would love it if you could keep Gir in your prayers while he is healing and recovering from this horrible ordeal. Thank you so much for all that you do; we love you all very much.

Thank you again Brett and Amanda! You guys are my hero's and it really, really means a lot to me that you would sacrifice your time for our dog.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Vanessa and Chris,
I'm so sorry to hear that little Gir had to endure such a big surgery. Thank goodness you had such a good support team who love him like you do. I'm sending him lots of healing energy and know he will be romping in no time. Much love, Aunt Donna