Sunday, July 5, 2009

Strawberry Bay

So, this year for Independence Day, Chris had the day off (rare!!!) and we decided to go camping. We packed up our jeep, grabbed our dog (his first camping trip) and headed out to Strawberry Bay, UT. We also brought my dad's canoe, and the three of us (Chris, Gir, and I) went fishing.At first, Gir was not quite sure about canoeing, but he soon got a hang of it!
The total fish that we caught was 3, but the amount that we were allowed to keep was 0. I was
pretty annoyed. I caught this beautiful about 20'' fish but he was an illegal size to keep, so I had to put him back. I also caught a rainbow trout who snapped the line just as we were trying to get him into the boat, and another illegal sized fish. Darn it!
For the rest of the day, we just relaxed. Chris took a nice long nap, Gir chased
some local ground hog/prairie dog that was at our campsite, and I read a book and made dinner. After we ate, we tried our luck at night fishing, but didn't catch anything, so we started a campfire and made s'mores. Chris can make some amazing s'mores!! I don't think that I've ever had better. While we were enjoying our s'mores, far in the distance, we could see some lightning, so we kinda got a firework show for Independence Day. We had a lot of fun and hope to be able to go camping again for Independence Day!
P.S. Gir did amazing on his first camping trip! I was really impressed, and I think that we're going to try taking him camping more often.


No comments: