Monday, December 6, 2010

Kris Kringle Day

Happy Kris Kringle Day! I have been celebrating this wonderful holiday (?) (excuse for presents) since I can remember and Chris and I have been celebrating it together since we've been married. Since last month we got our Blu Ray player, it was no surprise when Kris Kringle brought each of us a new Blue Ray. I got Gladiator and Chris got Star Trek. That Kris Kringle sure knows us well...

For those of you who may not know what Kris Kringle Day is, it is a German holiday celebrated the night of the 5th of December and the morning of the 6th. On the 5th of December, family members put their shoes out into the hall or other open area and while everyone is asleep, Kris Kringle comes and brings small gifts (if you are good) or coal and sticks (if you are bad) in your shoes. On the morning of the 6th, the family runs to see what they received and there is much rejoicing. I have loved this holiday since I was a child and I can't wait to continue it with my family.

Happy Kris Kringle Day!

No comments: