Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Bad Economy Shows its Ugly Face

While the economy has been in a downward spiral for the last couple of years, I saw the number of unemployment and my heart went out to those people. I was always so grateful that Chris and I had not really been effected by the horrible economy and that we both had jobs (Chris even has two). That all changed for me this morning. I came into work as usual, only to find myself having a one-on-one conference with my boss. In this conference, I was kindly told that the company was currently letting people go, and unfortunetly, I was one of those people. I was shocked! I have never been let go or fired before so I was not sure how to react. The good thing is that my boss let me finish out the day and she will even pay me for the work I would have put in on Friday. I am hoping that this personal economic downturn will only be temporary and that I will be able to have another job soon. It would be greatly appreciated if you could keep Chris and I in your prayers for a little while. Thank you all so much!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Sorry to hear that! That would be a shock. I'll watch for something for you. If you have any call center skills, there's a guy in my ward that works for 1-800-CONTACTS and they seem to be hiring quite a bit. (However, two women in our ward already got turned down...so you really do have to have the call center skills.) I watch for anything else...

Nikol said...

darn. We'll pray for you!

William Prusso said...

when one door closes, 10 more always open.....

Millertime said...

That is true, the question is, which door to choose. That is the hard part!

The Queen Vee said...

First off, hit the unemployment office.

It's never easy being let go from a job, at least it was not due to your work performance but rather to an ailing and sick economy.

There are so many people out of work right now but the young are paying a particularly high price. Just today in The Wall Street Journal there was an article about that very issure.

I'll keep you in my prayers Vanessa. Get your resume together, network and go out beat the bushes.