Monday, March 8, 2010

Moved In!

We are officially moved in! The move went really smoothly and we were able to get about 90% of our stuff in our apartment on Friday. I started moving about 9:00am on Friday morning, and was joined by various helpers throughout the day (thanks Dad, Brett, Mom, and Liz for your help). At about 1-1:30 the moving crew stopped for a much needed lunch break at In-N-Out which was actually better than I thought (I hadn't been there for a while). After lunch, Chris joined the moving effort and a lot of the large items were moved. By 4:30 we had everything in piles around the apartment and all of our furniture inside. We thanked our movers and we started the long unpacking process. Gir was going to be staying at my parents house that night so that it wouldn't be as stressful on him and hopefully we could get enough put away that he wouldn't start chewing on things. We unpacked until about 7:15pm and then went on a much needed break to the movies (we went and saw Alice in Wonderland, which we both really liked). When we got home we (mostly me) were really exhausted and we went to bed. Chris was so excited to move, that he got up around 4am and continued putting things away (and building bookshelves). I got up at the semi-decent hour of 7, although I wish that I could have slept longer. We continued to unpack until about 10am when I said that we had to go get something to eat and go grocery shopping, so, we did. The apartment was really coming along then and it was nice to run some errands. When we got back, we continued to unpack until about 3pm which is where we were at the point where Gir could come home, so we went over to my Parents house, picked up Gir and Chris' computer, and went back to the apartment. We continued to unpack and get Gir settled until about 6:30 when we decided to take another break and go to the Autorama at the South Towne Expo Center (it had some really cool Mustangs). We were a little nervous to leave Gir alone, but we figured that it would have to happen sooner or later. We really enjoyed the Autorama (even though some really weird people were there), got some ice cream, and made our way home. To our astonishment and delight, when we got home, nothing had been touched. Gir had just been relaxing on the couch probably the whole time. We were really impressed! By Sunday, pretty much everything had been put away (except for pictures on the wall and other various decorations). We mostly relaxed, attended our new ward, and enjoyed our new apartment. Today will be another test to see how Gir does with both Chris and I gone for a good portion of the day. Let's hope that he does well! I will post some pictures of our apartment as soon as I can! Keep checking back!

3 comments:

Brenda P. said...

I'm glad the move went well, it will be good to see the pictures. Why would gir be so stressed, I am sure he likes the new space? That's cool though he did good. Have a good day!

The Queen Vee said...

Yea! Good job! You did it!

Hope Gir is being a good dog in his new home.

Millertime said...

I was worried that Gir would be stressed out by the new enviroment. When we (the Prusso's) moved to Utah, our dog Comet nearly chewed threw her tail because she was so stressed about the move. I'm so glad that Gir did not have this problem!